Vilniaus Technical College
“Ford motor company”
Instructress: A Montriumienė
1GV4 Student: G.Dubrovskij
FORD MOTOR COMPANY
In the Beginning
Ford grew up on a farm and might easily have remained in agriculture. But something stronger pulled at Ford’s imagination: mechanics, machinery, understanding how things worked and what new possibilities lay in store. As a young boy, he took apart everything he got his hands on. He quickly became known around the neighborhood for fixing people’s watches.
In 1896, Ford invented the Quadricycle. It was the first #8220;horseless carriage” that he actually built. It’s a far cry from today’s cars and even from what he produced a few years later, but in a way it’s the starting point of Ford’s career as a businessman. Until the Quadricycle, Ford’s tinkering had been experimental, theoretical—like the gas engine he built on his kitchen table in the 1890’s, which was just an engine with nothing to power. The Quadricycle showed enough popularity and potential that it launched the beginning of Foord’s business ventures.
The Dream Becomes a Business
Ford Motor Company entered the business world on June 16, 1903, when Henry Ford and 11 business associates signed the company’s articles of incorporation. With $28,000 in cash, the pioneering industrialists gave birth to what was to become on
As with most great enterprises, Ford Motor Company’s beginnings were modest. The company had anxious moments in its infancy
. The earliest record of a shipment is July 20, 1903, approximately one month after incorporation, to a Detroit physician. With the company’s first sale came hope—a young Ford Motor Company had taken its first steps.
Mass Production on the Line
First implemented at the Highland manufacturing was the moving assembly line. Park plant (in Michigan, US) in 1913, the new technique allowed individual workers to stay in one place and perform the same task repeatedly on multiple vehicles that paassed by them. The line proved tremendously efficient, helping the company far surpass the production levels of their competitors—and making Perhaps Ford Motor Company’s single greatest contribution to automotive the vehicles more affordable.
The First Vehicles
Henry Ford insisted that the company’s future lay in the production of affordable cars for a mass market. Beginning in 1903, the company began using the first 19 letters of the alphabet to name new cars. The first Ford, the Model A, was sold in Detroit a few mo
In 1908, the Model T was born. 19 years and 15 million Model T’s later, Ford Motor Company was a giant industrial complex that spanned the globe. In 1925, Ford Motor Company acquired the Lincoln Motor Company, thus branching out into luxury cars, and in the 1930’s, the Mercury division was created to establish a division centered on mid-priced cars. Ford Motor Company was growing.
Becoming a Global Company
In the 50’s came the Thunderbird and the chance to own a part of Ford Motor Company. The company went public and, on Feb. 24, 1956, had about 350,000 new stockholders. Henry Ford II’s keen perception of political and economic trends in the 50’s led to the global expansion of FMC in the 60’s, and the establishment of Ford of Europe in 1967, 20 years ahead of the European Economic Community’s arrival. The company established its North American Automotive Operations in 1971, consolidating U.S., Canadian, and Mexican operations more than two decades ahead of the North American Free Trade Agreement.
Ford Motor Company started the last century with a single man envisioning products that would meet the needs of people in a world on the verge of high-gear industrialization. Today, Ford Motor Company is a family of automotive brands co
Henry Ford grew up ion a farm, so he might easily could be remained in agriculture. But liked machinery and mechanics. Ford’s company entered the business on June 16.1903 with $28.000 in cash. Beginning in 1903, the company began using the first 19 letters of the alphabet to name new cars. The first Ford, the Model A, was sold in Detroit a few months later after opening the company. In 1908, the Model T was born. The company went public and, on Feb. 24, 1956, had about 350,000 new stockholders. Ford Motor Company started the last century with a single man envisioning products that would meet the needs of people in a world on the verge of high-gear industrialization. Today, Ford Motor Company is a family of automotive brands consisting of: Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, Jaguar, Land Rover, Aston Martin, and Volvo. The company is beginning its second century of existence with a worldwide organization that serve the varying and ev
2. remain 1 (pasi)likti; 2 išlikti;
3. lay4 (pa)dėti; (pa)guldyti; parmesti, pargriauti; uždėti, užtepti (dažų)
4. (pa)skirti ;sukelti
5. tinker skardininkas, skardžius, alavuotojas; prastas darbininkas; grabaila, teplius ; smulkus remontas; prastas taisymas/darbas ; alavuoti ;prastai taisyti/remontuoti; krapštyti(s), čiupinėti(s)
6. article straipsnis; įstatai; sutartis, susitarimas;
7. development plėtojimas(is), plėtra, plėtotė, augimas, plėtimas(is); vystymas(is), iš(si)vystymas;
8. industry pramonė, industrija;
9. modest nedidelis, vidutinis; padorus
10. infancy ankstyvoji (ko) stadija
11. anxious nerimastingas
12. approximately maždaug, beveik
13. implement įrankis; priemonė; reikmenys; įgyvendinti, realizuoti, (į)vykdyti; aprūpinti įrankiais; įdiegti, implantuoti
14. assembly surinkimas, montažas; agregatas; asamblėja, susirinkimas, draugija
15. tremendous 1 didžiulis, milžiniškas; 2 nuostabus; baisus, siaubingas;
16. efficient 1 veiksmingas, efektyvus; 2 produktyvus, našus; 3 darbus, stropus; dalykiškas; (su)gebantis, kvalifikuotas
17. surpassv pralenkti, pranokti, prašokti, viršyti;
18. affordableprieinamas, įperkamas
19. insist1 primygtinai reikalauti, atkakliai laikytis; 2 atkakliai tvirtinti;
20. giant 1 gigantiškas, milžiniškas
21. acquired į(si)gytas; iš(si)ugdytas;
22. branch sritis, šaka; išsiplėsti, atsiskirti, užsiimti nauja veikla;
23. luxury 1 prabanga; malonumas, pasimėgavima
24. establish1 (į)steigti, (į)kurti; 2 nustatyti; 3 (ppr. refl) susidaryti, pakelti (reputaciją; as); įsikurti, įsitaisyti; įsitaisyti, pradėti dirbti; nusisto(vė)ti,
25. stockholder akcininkas
26. trend 1 kryptis; srovė, tendencija; 2 mada; 1 turėti tendenciją, linkti;
27. expansion 1 plėtimas(is), iš(si)plėtimas; plėtra; (pa)didėjimas;
28. (pa)didinimas; 4 erdvė, platuma; skaidymas
29. verge 1 kraštas (t. p. prk.); riba; beveik prilygti; (pri)artėti
30. retain 1 išlaikyti, išsaugoti; (už)laikyti; 2 (iš)laikyti atmintyje, atminti;
One day my friend decided to establish company. It might be really good company, IF.
He took many worker, but one of those surpassed another, because he had many recommendations, so he took him at first and he was proud what he ha so good worker. He decided to summon assembly, and at the assembly of giant industry company he set him to be the director of machine building branch. My friend invested much many into the firm, and part of them he invested into that worker’s office because he wanted to do luxury circs [se:ks] for that worker. Many stockholders invested their money into my friends company. He found efficient way to make money. He had verged to most popular companies at that time. His company began to develop-it is most meaningful moment in companies’ life. AND at this moment he confidence one, not very hard work to that tinker, but he did not do it. And now my friend just doesn’t have any company, house and car. And there is the moral of this story: ,,Don’t trust any articles or recommendations! Just test everything yourself!”