We would like to present for you business dress code. Of course, we know, that your knowledge about clothing is really wide, but in the lecture there were a lot of discussions about it, so we are going to explain why the dress code is so important in the offices or in another workplace.
First of all, I think, that everyone knows, this old phrase: “You will never get a second chance to make the first impression”. As a business executive, yoou have a responsibility to send the best professional message you can be successful. Well, let‘s think about such a thing when you see a person for the first time, what eyes catch firstly. Of course, it would be clothes. It is simple, you don‘t know about that person anything else. But then you form the first impression about that person. In business workplace it‘s very important, that the first impression would be excellent, but sometimes you can do really awwful impression because of your clothes and you don‘t have the second chance to show your best. Finally, that‘s why is so important to know what clothes help you to have a good success. So plan your wardrobe carefully and it
So, now Indre tell you about the business dress code trends, after that, Viktorija will say you about the women‘s business dress code, and finally Skaiste will tell you about men‘s business dress code.
So now let’s follow fashion trends and how they relate the workplace.
Well, in the 70s, people dressed just for success. But in the 80s, people were high styled and fashion-conscious. And in the 90s, times were more relaxed, creating an atmosphere where business casual flourished. Furthermore, it can be seen in the new millennium that what used to be just casual Fridays is turning into every day casual.
Well, there are three levels of business casual:
The first level is the most formal business casual, which consists of classic styles and is the closest to traditional business dress. What is more about this “elegant” level for men and women still includes the jacket in the wardrobe. So a blazer or sport coat for men is worn with a shirt (with or without a tie) or a sweater. Talking about women, the suit is worn with a sweater, blouse or knit top.
The second level of business casual an
The third level of business casual, the least accepted by most businesses, is the “comfortable” level, which consists of denim jeans, t-shirts and sneakers are always worn with socks. The woman’s wardrobe is similar, but also includes jumpers and skirts in denim.
As you can understand, in various periods of time fashion trends have changed a lot of; at first people dressed for success, or relax, but in the new millennium Fridays casual changed into every day casual.
Finishing, I want my audience to know that there are three most important levels of business casual: elegant, business and comfortable which are really different.
Men may need to coordinate their wardrobe to create more outfits from their existing items. It is possible to sp
formal suit should be business suit, dark, solid or pinstripe, shirt should be dress, white, solid or tone-on-tone, tie should be single stripe and shoes up in back.
Other useful tips:
• Suits should be as year-round as possible.
• Pants should offer a variety of medium to dark colors and durable fabrics.
• Shirts should include a variety of whites, other lights, and stripes.
• Belts should be made of good-quality leather in a subdued color.
• Shoes can be chosen from lace-up selections (for more formal professional wear) or slip-on selections (for casual professional wear).
• Coats also should offer classic details in good-quality fabric.
Studies have shown that certain clothes lend an air of authority to the person wearing them. If you would like to enhance your authority on the job, it is necessary to consider these suggestions.
• Wear a jacket, with a long-sleeve shirt.
• Wear subtle, sophisticated colors such as navy, dark gray, black, taupe, etc. If bright colors are becoming to men, they can wear them in a tie print or a shirt stripe.
• Wear small, sophisticated prints and tweeds rather than large shapes and designs.
• Carry a
• Keep consistently high standards to your look. Always look and act professional.
If there is a great difference between what you already have and what you need, don’t try to buy everything at once. A few good-quality clothes are better than many poor-quality clothes.
Dressing Do’s for Men
• Do wear socks that blend with slacks and shoes.
• Do wear socks that cover the calf.
• Do wear clothes that are well coordinated. Do wear clothes that feel comfortable.
• Do keep a beard/mustache neat and trimmed.
Dressing Don’ts for Men
• Don’t wear trousers that are too long or too short.
• Don’t wear clothes that are soiled or in need of repair.
• Don’t wear a tie that is too short or too long (tip of tie should end near the center of the belt buckle).
• Don’t wear clip-on ties, which are seldom the right length.
• Don’t wear shoes that are not shined or that have run-down heels.
• Don’t wear clothes that are out of style.
• Don’t wear too many patterns (shirt, tie, and jacket should offer a maximum of two patterns).
It is more difficult for a woman to project a clear clothing message than it is for a man. But I try to give some information about suitable clothes.
It is essential for a business woman to have:
Two three-piece suits (jacket, skirt, pants). For summer, a light colored one and a darker one for winter.
One solid-color blazer. Don‘t forget the importance of a color.
Two basic skirts to compliment figure. You are a woman and don‘t be afraid to use this when dealing with your competitors.
One classic pair of pants to feel comfortable.
Two shirts, which always look solid and smart.
One classic dress (with several accessories to change the look).
Shoes and accessories (scarves, jewelry, belts, etc.), which will help to look different with the same clothes.
BUT DON‘T EVEN THINK OF:
• wearing clinging skirts( you‘ll look like a tramp not a business woman)
• wearing loud, shocking colors , unless you own a circus .
• wearing short skirts. School time is over.
• wearing tight sweaters or skirts( you are not a secretary , you are the boss)
• wearing see-through fabrics.
• wearing large jewelry.You will simply look like a snob.
• wearing wrinkled or soiled clothes.
wearing clothes in need of repair.
Be wise and plan your wardrobe around one or two basic colors that are becoming to you. Using only one or two basic colors makes mixing and matching clothes and accessories easier.
Your personality is a factor to consider in your color decisions. Bright, stimulating colors seem appropriate if you are joyful. If you are more reserved, choose soft, subdued colors, but accent them with livelier ones. The colors you wear should do something for you emotionally as well as physically. Here are some things to consider about color:
• Light colors make you appear larger.
• Bright colors make you appear larger.
• Dark colors make you appear smaller.
• Dull colors make you appear smaller.
• Bright colors in rough textures make skin blemishes more obvious.
• Bright colors in large amounts become tiresome quickly.
The last thing you should know is about that your hair, makeup and accessories should not be forgotten. Remember: Understatement is always better than overdoing.The surveys show that more respondents would choose to be ‘slightly overdressed’ at a party than ‘slightly underdressed’.
By the end of the speech I want that you understand that clothes show people who you are. Well, not everybody can see what is in your mind, but everybody see what you are wearing and they make their own findings. If you know that, if you can understand that, you can easily get success. Just need to know, what kind of clothes suit for you, and where you want to work. If you want to work in a big company, in office or in another workplace you must make good first impression and suitable clothes can help you. Don’t forget it and good luck finding your labour of love